ABOUT ARTIST BHASKAR RAO
My landscapes reflect the memories and experiences I have collected from the places I have lived, touched, smelled, heard and walked through. My landscapes are painted from a place of love and gratitude for my experiences of the world. My landscapes are my playgrounds: my laughter, smiles and tears of reverence for beauty are present within them. They give my truth a voice and reflect my most intimate history. Trees have a significant role in our cultural landscape, for they not only yield fruits but provide shade as well and cover and protect the surface of the earth. They have come to play a sacred role. My motif – “The Tree” has remained constant as part of my oeuvre over the years in my career. I reside in Hyderabad.
BHASKARA RAO BOTCHA
Education: M.F.A (Painting) from University of Hyderabad (central University),Hyderabad, 1999 – 2001
B.F.A. (Painting) from Andhra University Visakhapatnam, A.P, 1995 – 1999.
2012 at icon artGallery, Hyderabad
2013 at icon art Gallery, Hyderabad
Important group Exhibitions:
- 2016-September, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- 2016-May, index show, cross borders art gallery, Dubai.
- 2016-April, Art Revolution Taipei, Taiwan.
- 2016-April, Art Annual , Mahua Gallery, Bangalore.
- 2016-March, HUNAR art gallery, New Delhi
- 2016-March, Art for social cause, Taj Krishna, Hyderabad.
- 2015- November India Art Festival, held at Nehru Centre, Mumbai, india
- 2015- August, *Identical Notions* Curated by Wahida Ahmed Hannah (easel art foundation) @ Space Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- 2015-July, 'Raining Consciousness and Delight' at Ailamma Arat Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2015- May, Colours of Novotel, An Evening with Artists, Hotel Novotel Hyderabad.
- 2015- Rhapsody Coumarswamy Hall, Mumbai
- 2014-October “ART FOR CAUSE” (in aid of Hudhud victims) at Gallery Space, Hyderabad.
- 2014-October- Inaugural group exhibition at STUDIO SIANA, PUNE.
- 2014-August- Group Exhibition, Fifth Edition of Art Bengaluru, festival of Contemporary Art and Culture in Bangalore, association with 'THE ASIAN ART HOUSE' the Collection at UB City, Bangalore.
- 2014-August-WATCH OUT Group Exhibition organized by Art Alive Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2014-July- SECOND STRUCTURES, August CREATIVE NATURE Group Exhibition organized by Icon Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- 2014-April- Ginger Lily - Lifestyle Gallery, Hotel Radisson Blu, Hyderabad.
- 2014-Mar-India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- 2014-Feb-Tamkanat Art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2014-jan-Group show, Gallery Space Hyderabad.
- 2013-Art for Concern’s Annual Show of Indian Art -Taj Deccan, Hyderabad.
- 2013 - Inaugural group exhibition at, AILAMMA ART GALLERY, Hyderabad.
- 2013 The Absolut Art Jamboree, conceived and curated by Daira Centre for Arts and Culture,Taj Deccan, Hyderabad.
- 2013–3 Man Show, Gallery Space, Hyderabad.
- 2012- Group Exhibitions: Iconart gallery,shilparamam,salarjung museum,state art gallery on biodiversity summit, Hyderabad.
- 2012 - Group Exhibition organized by Icon art gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2012–group show, gallery space Hyderabad.
- 2011 - Group Exhibition organized by gallery space art gallery, Hyderabad and Delhi.
- 2010 - Freedom through art- Group Exhibition organized by Icon art gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2010 – TIRANGA Group Exhibition organized by Icon art gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2010 – KALPAVRIKSHA Group Exhibition organized by Icon art gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2010 – Group Exhibition organized by Arterio gallery, Chennai.
- 2010 – Utsav Group Exhibition organized by Daira art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2009 - Group Exhibition organized by gallery space art gallery, Hyderabad and Delhi.
- 2009 - Group Exhibition organized by icon art gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2008 - Group Exhibition organized by scribble organization, Hyderabad.
- 2008 - State Art Exhibition conducted by PottiSriramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad.
- 2007-Group Exhibition State Art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2005 - Group Exhibition by Visakha Art Society, State Art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2004 - A Group Exhibition by Visakha Art Society, Kshetra Art Gallery, Vizag.
- 2003 - State Art Exhibition conducted by A.P.State Council and PottiSriramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad.
- 2003 - A Significant Difference”group show Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata.
- 2002 - 61st All India Art Exhibition 2002, by Hyderabad Art Society, Andhra Pradesh.
- 2002 - All India Exhibitions of Drawings by Punjab LalitKala Academy, Chandigarh.
- 2001 - A Group Exhibition by Lakshna Art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 1999 - All India exhibition of Art on small format, Organized by ,Chitra Kala Perished, Visakhapatnam.
- 1999 - 13th All India Art Exhibition in South Central Zone Cultural Center, Nagpur.
- 1998 – 3 Men show in curiosity Art Gallery, Visakhapatnam.
- 1998-Expressions "Waltair Club, Visakhapatnam.
- 1998 - "Expressions" Department of Fine Arts Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
Workshops / Camps:
- “Art for Impact", A three day art camp Organizing by Dr. Reddy's Foundation - 2016
- Art for social cause, Curated and participated, sponsored by mytrah, @ Saptarani, Hyderabad-2015.
- VIJAP, Art camp curated and participated, Om farms, Hyderabad- 2014
- Blue storm art camp at visakha museum Visakhapatnam October, 2012
- Artist residence programme at Icon Art Gallery 2012
- Icon art gallery conducted four days art workshop on watercolor- 2011
- Icon art gallery conducted a one day art workshop at charlapalli jail -2010
- Southern Artist Workshop in chitrangan Art Gallery at Visakhapatnam by Lalitkala Academy, Regional Center, Chennai, – 2004.
- Two Day Artist Camp at Kalagramam, Visakhapatnam, – 2004.
- Tribal Artist Workshop in Department of Fine Arts by LalitKala Academy, Regional Center, Chennai - 1999.
- Artist painting workshop at International Educational Academy, Hyderabad.
- Junior Fellowship from (H.R.D) Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Government of India, New Delhi, 2001-2003.
- State level painting award received from Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University -2013
- Kalanand Award, Prafulla Dahanukar Art Foundation-2016.
- Art Revolution Taipei, Taiwan, Gallery Awards: Selected into "The International Artist Salon of A.R.T 2017"