ABOUT ARTIST ANIRBAN SETH
“A conscientious artist who wishes to highlight and address issues relevant to our times through his art, Anirban Sheth also comes across as a man of exceptional creative talent. Continuous experimentation with the medium of art has led him to master the art of Painting on ‘Leather’ and ‘Vellum’, a surface demanding a high degree of expertise end technical perfection for colours to be applied and remain clearly visible.. Done by tanning raw hide and then painting on it, Seth uses the tips of his fingers as a brush, smearing colour on leather to create images from life aid nature, spirituality and rationality. Often embellishing his art with gold and silver foil, he generates startling visual effects, portraying natural beauty and emotional experiences with equal ease. Seth’s innovations on texture also include batik work and stenciling for embossing and relief effects, creating a unique pictorial language. His works is a splendid tribute to this painstaking yet immensely pleasing mode of expression in which he excels.” ‘The Telegraph’[27th May, 2005] Anirban Sheth, born in the year 1976, a first class graduate & master degree holder From Government College of Art & Craft,Calcutta University,started painting when he was 16 years and has been doing so still now. Drawing inspiration is reflected in his Twenty One special awards & Twenty solo exhibitions along with various invited group shows in different galleries all over India & abroad. He is a member of Kolkata Canvas, “Bombay Art Society”,“Guinness World records” London U.K., Picasso Mio- Florida,USA etc.
2015 - Bachelor of Education ( B.Ed.)[ O.D.L.] from Ramakrishna Mission Shikshan Mandira, Belur Math, Howrah by Netaji Subhas Open University (Calcutta)
2005 - Master of Visual Art ( M.V.A.) from Govt. College of Art & Craft Calcutta and obtained First Class.
2002 - Bachelor of Visual Art ( B.V.A.) from Govt. College of Art & Craft Calcutta with First Class.
1997 - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from Calcutta University.
2006 - EDP [Entrepreneurship Development Programme ] on LEATHER PRODUCTS , Organised by Leather Division of Small Industries Service Institute, MINISTRY OF SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES, GOVT. OF INDIA.
1999 - Post Diploma from Indian Society of Oriental Art.
1999 - First Fresco Painting Training Course from I.S.A.A..
1997 - CMS & IDD from ‘IRMA’ affiliated to World Rural Medical Association- Geneva & supported by UNICEF.
1996 - B.C.A.A. from Indian Astronomical Society [Deptt. of Applied Mathematics] University College of Science,sponsored by ECRA and World Laboratories [ GENEVA ]
ONE MAN SHOWS:
2015 - An exhibition of recent Works by Anirban Seth at HOTEL OBEROY [Art Walk Gallery] MUMBAI.
2014 - An exhibition of Paintings by Anirban Seth at HOTEL TAJ [ Taj Bengal, Kolkata ]
2014 - An exhibition of recentWorks by Anirban Seth at GATEWAY Hotel [Kolkata ]
2009 - Bodhi Tree- Monastery of Art presents- “ Vibrant Ghats of Varanasi”- an exhibition of recent works by Anirban Seth on Swiss Park, Kolkata
2004 - “PAINTINGS ON LEATHER”4th Solo show, Organized by Mrs. Lee-Alison Sibley (American Consulate) and “International Women’s club” at the residence of U.S. Consulate,Kolkata .
2003 - “After Immersion” An exhibition of paintings by Anirban Seth at Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata.
GROUP SHOW :
2015 - An exhibition of paintings at Hotel Leela Palace [LEELA ART GALLERY] Mumbai
2014 : All India Arts Exhibition by “Art Family 5” at JEHANGIR Art Gallery [Mumbai] from 29th Dec to 04th Jan.
2013 – 14 : 78Th Annual All India Fine Arts Exhibition 2013 of Academy of Fine Arts from 22nd Dec to 5th January.
2013 - Birla Academy of Art and Culture present “SUJKRITI” an exhibition of the Awardees[All India National Level Annual Exhibition] of Birla Academy
2010 - An exhibition of paintings at JEHANGIR ART GALLERY [ Mumbai ] from 11TH August to 17TH August .
2010 - Alliance Francaise [Pondichery] presents “Colours and Vibrations” Paintings Exhibition by Anirban Seth and Swati Samudra
2010 – Invited : “Reading Contemporary Art Fair 2010”--Rivermead Leisure Centre [U.K.].
2009- Invited : “Summer show” at Royal Academy, London [UK] organized by Burland art gallery.
2006 - ‘INDIAN CONTEMPORARY ART’ – Inaugurated by Our Indian Ambassador H.E. Mrs. Navrekha Sharma [ With kind cooperation of Indian Embassy and J.N. Indian cultural centre], Organized by Indian Artist Network, Mumbai, from 14th -27th August, World Trade Centre, Sudirman, JAKARTA, INDONESIA .
Award & Recognition
- 2015- Awarded by Colours Land Art Academy[ Kolkata],
- 2014- Mridula Lunker Award-2014 by “ICAC gallery” [International Contemporary Art Centre, Mumbai]
- 2014- Colours Land Art Academy awarded Certificate of Excellence
- 2012- “Jury Award” All India [National Label] Art Exhibition Awarded by Birla Academy of Art & Culture , Kolkata.
- 2004- Bronze Medal Awarded by Avantika International (Regional Art Exhibition) Kolkata.
- 2004 - Merit Certificate from American Centre by “The Kolkata International Womens Club” & Lee Alison Siblee “ U.S. Consulate”, Kolkata.
- 2004- Certificate of Merit from E.Z.C.C. (Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India).
- 2004- West Bengal State Academy Award (Collaboration with Lalit Kala Akademy, New Delhi) From Rabindra Bharati University(RBU) ..
- 2003- Oriental Art Society Award.
- 2003- Merit Certificate from Avantika International (Regional Art Exhibition) Kolkata.
- 2001- Festum First Award, Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College, Kolkata.
- 2001- Govt. Art College Award from Govt. College of Art & Craft , Kolkata .
- 2001- Prestigious Camlin Art Foundation, East Zone Award, (Professional Category) Kolkata.
- 2000- ‘Outstanding Young Person First Award ’(Festum), Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College, Kolkata.