ABOUT ARTIST BHARATI PITRE
• Studied Applied Arts from Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai
• Taught ‘Illustration & Caricature’ at Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai (1983-85)
• Attached to various prestigious advertising agencies as a ‘Freelancer’ for a few years.
• Started working with scrap material and found objects, since 2002
• Visiting faculty at DeCad (Devrukh college of Art & Design), Devrukh (rural area in West
• Presently working in papier-mâché.
• The Society Show, World Trade Center, Mumbai
2004, 2005 & 2007
• Kala Ghoda Art Festival, Mumbai
• India Art Gallery, Pune
• Women’s Day (8th March) at Art Today, Pune • Waves Art Gallery, Pune.
• Tilting Art Gallery, Pune• Flight of Equality (International Day for Elimination of Violence against Women), Arpana Caur Art Gallery, New Delhi
• India Art Festival, Nehru Centre, Mumbai
• “20/20” Group show, The Arc Art Gallery, Pune • “Art Rhythm”, Darpan Art Gallery, Pune
• Mohor Pune Biennale Art Festival, Pune
Group show curated by Sujata Dharap, Ghole road Art Gallery
Group show curated by Subodh Kerkar, Tilting Art Gallery
Outdoor Installation curated by Subodh Kerkar, Taljai forest
• “On The Edge” Group Show curated by Subodh Kerkar, Ayatana Art Gallery, Pune
• International women’s day at Tilting Art Gallery, Ishanya, Pune
• Collateral “Roots and Routes”, Kochi Muziris Biennale, Fort Kochi
• “Junoon”, a Women's day show at Monalisa Kalagram, Pune
• “Post-Age” at Artists’ Centre, Mumbai
• “Self” at Art2day, Pune
• “Chhota Bat Bada Score” at Mantra Art Gallery, Ahmedabad
• “The Mask Project” at Monalisa Kalagram, Pune
• “What a Wonderful World”, a solo show at the Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
• “Look Once, Look Twice”, a solo show at the Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
• Launch of “Limited Edition” miniature sculptures in terracotta, PuneJURIED SHOWS
• Annual show, The Art Society Of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai • Annual show, Bombay Art
Society, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
• First Annual All India Exhibition, FMG Institute, Noida, Delhi
• Held workshops to teach papier-mâché at the Kala Ghoda Festival, Mumbai.
• Conducted special workshops to teach papier-mâché to the street children through an NGO
called ‘Aseema’. The works carried out by these children during the workshops were displayed at
the ‘Harmony Show’ – an initiative by Tina Ambani.
• Conducted a workshop for a group of artists working in different mediums to teach papier-mâché.
A group show of these artists along with my work was held in Waves Art Gallery, Pune, in May
• Conducted several workshops to teach papier-mâché at Art2day Art gallery, Pune
• Conducted several workshops to teach papier-mâché at India Art gallery, Pune
Alvira Khan and Atul Agnihotri, Mumbai Ameeta Deshmukh, Pune
Amit Kalyani, Pune
Deval Desai, Surat
Devika Bhojwani, Mumbai
Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh, Mumbai Harsh Goenka, Mumbai
Jackie Shroff, Mumbai
Jai Zharotia, New Delhi
Karan Johar, Mumbai
Manoj Jain, Mumbai
Prakash Bhalerao, Pune
Robert De Niro, US
Sabina Singh, Mumbai
Sangeeta Kathiawada, Mumbai
Some of the above works are part of a private museum.
Installation made for Pune Biennale, the subject for which was `Save Hills of Pune’, has been
placed at 1 Modi Baug, Pune.