Rabin grew up amidst overcrowded slums and bankrupt migrant workers in Howrah. This environment helped him comprehend the harsh realities of life, which later found a space in his works. Rabin was deeply affected by the Bengal Famine of 1943, the struggle for India’s independence, and the partition of Bengal
1929 Howrah, Kolkata
- 1959 Completed his Art Appreciation Course, Ashutosh Museum, Kolkata University, Kolkata.
- 1956-58 Attended Evening Classes, Indian College of Art and Draughtmanship, Kolkata.
- 1952 Bachelor of Commerce, Vidyasagar College, Kolkata University, Kolkata.
Honours And Awards:
- 2001 Abanindranath Puraskar, awarded by the Department of Information and Culture, Government of West Bengal, Kolkata
- 1996 ‘Eminent Painter’, All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi