ABOUT ARTIST GULSHAN ACHARI
“I'm an artist rather an expressionist involved in creating visual poetry through painting and sharing my expressions through colours “
I am a self-taught artist and have been painting for more than 20 years. Painting for me is passion, discipline, meditation and an infinite space in this finite world for being with ‘own self’; a process of thanking nature to be myself.
I strongly believe that ‘simplification’ and ‘sticking to basics’ are the keys to lead a content life and I try to pursue this philosophy into my paintings too. Generally, I like to paint those aspects, subjects, characters which are a part of daily life and touch my heart. For me the ultimate reward is to see the viewer emotionally connect and vividly interact with my paintings to create an experience and story of their own.
I have an affinity for plein air painting (painting at location) and feels that it’s an experience which an artist should always indulge into … to paint amidst nature and in the process lose you only to find your true self.
While I enjoy painting in many mediums, I’m completely in love with watercolour for its unmatched qualities like freedom, spontaneity and the ability to keep surprising.
I believe unlearning is an essential step to learn which is done by sharing my learning and experiences through art workshops and teaching art to hobby and budding artists.
I have participated in various exhibitions and group shows in India and my paintings are in the collection of many private individuals in India and abroad.
- Mumbai Art by Artists Group Exhibition 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Prakruti Group Exhibition 2014 and 2015
- Maharashtra State Art Exhibition 2016 at Jehangir Gallery
- SPANDAN International Art and Craft Group Exhibition, Mumbai 2016
- 2 Paintings shortlisted in Maharashtra State Art Competition 2016
- Best Painting Award at SPANDAN International Art and Craft Exhibtiion 2016
Live Demonstrations -
- 2014 – National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai
- 2015 – Mumbai Art by Artist, Coomarswamy Hall, Mumbai
- 2015 – P L Deshpande Hall, Prabhadevi
- 2016 – Mumbai Art by Artist, Coomarswamy Hall, Mumbai
- 2016 Spandan Art & Craft Festival , Mumbai2016 – Spandan Art and Craft Festival, Mumbai